Reflexology For Life
Reflexology For Life
Welcome to Renew Reflexology
Reflexology is becoming one of the most popular therapies that people turn to with modern lifestyles becoming demanding and stressful. Many people are including reflexology within their well-being routine.
My regular clients enjoy reflexology for whole body relaxation, stress relief and rebalance. Their main results have included feeling calm, less anxious and improved sleep.
Reflexology is a therapy that can be received by anyone at any age, from newborn babies to those receiving end of life care, and everyone in between.
My aim is to maintain professional excellence in reflexology, to be caring and kind and ensure my clients have a truly relaxing treatment. I am passionate about reflexology and have seen the wonderful effects it has on clients.
Reflexology is a very individual treatment which is tailored to you, taking into account both physical and non-physical factors that might be affecting your well-being.
As a client at Renew Reflexology you can expect
- a qualified and experienced reflexologist
- a tranquil and healing treatment environment
- flexible, weekend and evening appointments are available
- a mobile service with treatments in the comfort of your own home
- the costs of your treatment covered under most private health care plans
- a sustainable and eco-friendly business
“Your body is your most precious possession and the most powerful instrument you will ever own – take care of it”
I am a resident of beautiful Timperley, married with two wonderful kids! I was born in Cape Town, South Africa and came to England on a scholarship to complete my undergraduate degree many moons ago! I love spending time with family and friends, reading, playing squash or tennis and walking in nature.
Having worked in various industries in the corporate world, I have found my passion in reflexology. I am forever grateful to my twin sister who introduced me to reflexology following her experience of healing and pain-relief after a major trauma injury. In 2018, it was my daughter who inspired me to study and master the therapy.
I take great effort to ensure a peaceful, tranquil and safe environment to deliver my treatments. I have a broad range of clients from baby, teenage, elderly, female and male clients. I offer treatments in Timperley, Sale, Hale, Altrincham, Bowdon and MediacityUK. I am fully insured and offer both private and corporate treatments.
I look forward to welcoming you for a treatment. Thank you for visiting my site.
- VTCT Diploma Level 3 Reflexology
- Reflexology Lymph Drainage, Sally Kay
- Introduction of Facial Reflexology, Lone Sorensen International Reflexology School
- Reflexology for Babies and Children Practitioner, Sue Ricks Academy
- Reflexology for Babies and Children Instructor, Sue Ricks Academy
I am a member of The Association of Reflexologists, fully insured and DBS checked.
Nicki really is amazing. She took time to understand my complex medical background as well as my requirements and wishes for treatment, giving me plenty of advice and guidance to take away after the session. The room was clean, inviting and so comfortable, I could have stayed there all day! The session was lovely and calming and definitely improved my sleep. I can highly recommend Nicki and I will definitely be going back for more treatments!
The world we are living in clearly needs us to change the way we interact with it. It is important to change the impact we are having on the environment through our lifestyles and choices.
I have decided to choose ‘greener’ options in my business through the materials I purchase and the operating methods I adopt which include:
- Responsibly sourced cotton hand towels to clean feet instead of disposable wipes
- Vegan, cruelty free, Fairtrade, organic and natural oils along with locally made foot balms
- Eco-friendly laundry detergent alternative- Allergy UK & PETA endorsed and made in Britain
- Recycled paper used for business cards and all paper in the business is recycled after use
- Siteground webhosting site chosen due to their use of a 100% renewable energy platform
- Clipboards and waste bins are made from recycled plastic
- Refreshments are served in glasses or mugs rather than disposable cups or bottles
- Limiting carbon footprint with my practice being within walking distance of my home
- Source materials from local suppliers wherever possible – we are lucky in the Manchester area to have so many independent and innovative businesses who are focused on a sustainable lifestyle
By demonstrating my environmental credentials, clients who are looking for an eco-friendlier choice can visibly see my commitment to safeguarding our planet.
The Association of Reflexologists have launched a badge to recognise therapists who work in a way that supports the environment. I have signed up to the AoR 7-step Environmental Pledge.
I regularly review my business strategy and operating methods with a view to improving the practice’s environmental impact. I contribute to and participate in several groups and networks of reflexologists and local therapists in order to keep up to date with latest research, techniques and sustainability ideas. Through these networks we share ideas and continually improve all aspects of our practices.
History of reflexology
Today, reflexology is one of the foremost complementary health treatments used worldwide. More people and organisations including the NHS, are making ever greater use of reflexologists and their skills.
Reflexology can be traced back to Ancient Egypt, China and India. It was introduced to the West by an ear, nose and throat specialist called Dr William Fitzgerald who developed ‘Zone therapy’ in the early 1900s. He believed that reflex areas on the feet and hands were linked to other areas and organs of the body within the same zone.
Reflexology was further developed by Eunice Ingham, an American nurse and physiotherapist in the 1930’s and 1940’s. She discovered that pressure on various points on the feet helped relieve pain and that all the nerves end in the feet. By working the reflexes on the feet, she discovered congestion or tension in the foot is mirrored in the corresponding part of the body.