I care about your privacy and the information that you share with me and want you to understand how I am using and protecting the information that I collect about you.
Name: Nicki Werner
Address: 409 Stockport Road, Timperley, WA15 7XR
Phone Number: 07425 085152
Data Controller Contact Details: Nicki Werner
Date: Last modified 26/08/2021
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists, I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice.
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
The type of personal information I collect
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing reflexology treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
I currently collect and process the following information:
- Your contact details
- Personal details
- Emergency contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation through you completing a paper consultation form – therefore this will not be held electronically)
- Treatment details, preferences, and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
How I get the personal information and why I have it
I take basic contact details and information via my website to allow me to contact you and handle bookings. By providing us with information through the contact form you consent to us contacting you using the information provided in order to reply to your query or book an appointment. This information will not be used or shared for marketing purposes unless you have consented to this. Most of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- In case of any medical (or other) emergency whilst receiving a treatment/s
- To check for possible contraindications and to tailor the reflexology treatment to your individual needs.
- Internal record keeping for tax and insurance purposes.
- Improve our products and services.
- Sending email newsletters with information about the business products and services that you have registered for or purchased.
- Promotions, special offers or market research emails related to products or services that you have registered for or purchased.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Treatment information or information related to your health
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting me- please see above contact information.
Protecting your personal data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
How I store your personal information and how long I retain your information for
Your information is securely stored in a locked cabinet. I keep client records for seven years from the date of the last treatment. I abide by the law regarding children’s records which states that records are to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26. I will then securely dispose your information by shredding (if paper) or permanently deleting (if electronic).
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right to be informed – to know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. Please contact me using contact information at the top of this policy if you wish to make a request.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office– To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me at Renew Reflexology. Please see all contact information above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases I rely on for processing this information is your consent.
- If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.